I told you. You're just like me. Only you're the hero… and I'm the villain. But what difference does it actually make? Deep down, we're just two wicked people playing a wicked, wicked game.
It's true isn't it? Heroes and villains, villains and heroes. It's the same thing, they just go about their desires in different ways. What makes a hero? Is it someone who saves others? Well, villains do that too, they save those that they believe need saving just like the heroes. What makes a villain? Are they someone who does things others don't approve of? Well, heroes do that as well, everyone does it. Why is there a barrier between hero and villain, good and evil, when in reality there are more similarities than differences between the two? What if you were brought up-what if your society was formed upon stealing and killing? You would not think of that as evil or wrong, it would be the right thing to do, you would see nothing wrong with it. Heroes would be gods of death, and of stealing not the ones portrayed now.
Ugh, random ramblings I know... I just needed to say it somewhere
Ugh, random ramblings I know... I just needed to say it somewhere
I agree with you, though! It's all about perspective! I've been saying that forever... But it's so hard to describe, to put into words (it doesn't help that I haven't actually tried recently, ROFL).
ReplyDeleteAnd also the entire fact that without evil, you cannot have good. Because, if we just had good, and nothing to oppose it - it'd be neutral, wouldn't it? It wouldn't be good.
Like, without light you cannot have shadows, and all that shizz.
I got marks taken off on my religion assignment last year because I mentioned that little tidbit. Stupid Religion curriculm. You can't actually talk about the truth, because it's not the "truth" that they teach you.
Maybe I'll rant about that tomorrow or something. :D
xx
all's i know is batman is boss :P
ReplyDelete